My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Texas BBQ Beef Brisket
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 2 3/4 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 (2 1/2-3 1/2 lb.) boneless beef brisket, flat cut
+ 3/4 c. barbeque sauce
+ 1/2 c. dry red wine
+ 2 Tbsp. chili powder
+ 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
+ 1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
What to do:
1. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef brisket. Place brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
2. Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small bowl. Pour around brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hrs. or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket; keep warm.
3. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 8-10 min. or until reduced to 1 c. sauce, stirring occasionally.
4. Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
* Cook's Tip: Smoker Method Variation: To smoke beef brisket, prepare charcoal or gas smoker according to manufacturer's directions. Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 7-8 min. or until reduced to 1 c., stirring frequently. Reserve 1/2 c. barbecue sauce for serving. Prepare rub as above; press evenly onto beef brisket. Smoke brisket according to manufacturer's instructions and cooking times or until fork-tender, brushing occasionally with remaining barbecue sauce. Carve brisket as above. Serve with reserved sauce.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 258; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 62mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 13g; Protein: 36g; Sodium: 340mg;