My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Chinese Steamed Mackerel
Courtesy of UK Seafish Authority
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 - 8 oz. mackerel (fresh or defrosted), cleaned and head removed
+ 1 tsp. sunflower oil
+ 12 oz. pkg. stir fry vegetables
+ 1 clove garlic, chopped
+ 1 Tbsp. oyster or soy sauce
+ 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
+ 1 Tbsp. dry sherry
+ 1/8 tsp. stir-fry seasoning mix
What to do:
1. Make 3-4 diagonal slashes across both sides of the mackerel.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add vegetables and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 min. Add mackerel. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 min.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the oyster or soy sauce, lemon juice, sherry and stir fry seasoning mix. Pour over the mackerel and vegetables. Cover and cook for another 3-4 min.
4. Serve with egg noodles or rice.
Provides 73mg calcium .
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes
Courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Chablis, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc
Calories: 140; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 60mg; Total Carbs: 1g; Protein: 23g; Sodium: 207mg;