My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Chocolate Avocado Fondue
Courtesy of California Avocado Commission
Serve With:Servings: 4
Mmarshmallows, strawberries, pretzels and/or graham crackers.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
+ 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded
+ 1/4 c. milk
+ 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
+ 1/4 c. water
+ 1/4 c. sugar
+ 1/4 c. corn syrup
+ 2 Tbsp. butter
+ 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
What to do:
1. Place chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
2. Use an immersion blender to food processor to blend avocado until very smooth; set aside.
3. Heat milk, heavy cream, water, sugar, corn syrup and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. When it starts to simmer take off heat and pour over the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted.
4. Stir in pureed avocado and vanilla extract. Pour into a fondue pot or a bowl.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.