My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Beef & Parmesan Pasta
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 7 Min.
Cook Time: 28 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. Ground Beef
+ 1 can (14 to 14 1/2 oz.) ready-to-serve beef broth
+ 1 can (15 1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
+ 2 c. uncooked bow tie pasta
+ 2 c. sliced zucchini (1/4-in.)
+ 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
What to do:
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4 in. crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside. Pour off drippings.
2. Combine broth, tomatoes and pasta in same skillet, pushing pasta into liquid; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in zucchini; continue cooking 5 minutes or until pasta is tender.
3. Return beef to skillet. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese before serving.
* Notes: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F.
Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
* Nutrition information per serving, using 96% lean ground beef.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 409; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 78mg; Total Carbs: 43g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 37g; Sodium: 1076mg;