My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Pork Pocket Sandwiches
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. cooked pork loin roast, cut into thin strips
+ 2 c. leaf lettuce
+ 1 c. alfalfa sprouts
+ 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
+ 2 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated
+ 3 six inch pita bread rounds
+ 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
+ 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
+ 1 tsp. dry mustard
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1 tsp. dried herbes de Provence
What to do:
1. Combine pork, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, tomato and cheese in a large bowl; toss gently.
2. Cut pocket bread rounds in half; spoon mixture into pocket bread.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well. Pour dressing over mixture in pocket bread. Serve immediately.
* If desired, sandwich filling can be tossed with dressing, covered and refrigerated for several hours.
* Leftover pork roast can used for these pocket bread sandwiches for next day lunch or a midnight snack.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 270; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 55mg; Total Carbs: 20g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 23g; Sodium: 370mg;