My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Grilled Porterhouse (Bone-In Loin) Chops with Chipotle Cilantro Butter
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops, about 1-in. thick
+ 2 tsp. paprika
+ salt and pepper to taste
+ olive oil, for brushing*
Corn on the Cob:
+ 4 pieces corn, shucked
+ 2 tsp. olive oil
+ 4 Tbsp. butter, unsalted, at room temperature
+ 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
+ 1 Tbsp. chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped*
+ 1 tsp. lime juice, fresh
*You can find chipotle pepper in adobo sauce canned in the ethnic or Latin section of most major supermarkets.
What to do:
1. Preheat grill over medium high heat and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper on both sides of the chops.
2. Grill the pork for 8-9 min., turning once halfway through, until cooked to 145°F. Remove the pork from the grill, tent it with foil and let it rest for 3 min.
3. Brush the corn with olive oil and place on the grill. Grill the corn for a few minutes on each side, turning regularly until it is charred. Remove from grill and set aside.
4. In a food processor, combine softened butter, cilantro, chipotle pepper and freshly squeezed lime juice. Pulse for 1 min. until it's fully combined.
5. Dish up 1 Tbsp. of the compound butter on top of each piece of pork, and serve alongside a piece of corn on the cob.
* Oil is not included in the nutritional value since it's for brushing the grill, vs. the chops
* This is a fun recipe to play with. You can alter the compound butter for a completely different spin on the dish! Subbing in various types of herbs would be an easy flavor swap --try parsley instead of cilantro, or garlic instead of the chipotle peppers.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 330; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 90mg;