My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Fried Idaho® Potato Peels
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
Idaho® Potato Peel Skins
+ 10 large Idaho® baking potatoes or 7.5 lb.
+ 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
+ 1 Tbsp. black cracked pepper
+ Oil for frying
Scallion Dipping Sauce: From a recipe by Chef and Food Network star, Paula Deen
+ 16 oz. sour cream
+ 1 c. chopped scallions
+ 1/4 c. honey
+ 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
+ 1 tsp. salt
Avocado Dipping Sauce
+ pinch sugar
+ 1 avocado, diced
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
+ 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
+ 2 Tbsp. lime juice
+ 2 Tbsp. minced green onions
+ 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
+ 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
+ 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
+ Salt and pepper to taste
Grilled Tomato Aioli: Recipe from Chef and Food Network star Bobby Flay
+ 2 plum tomatoes, grilled, seeds and skin removed and coarsely chopped
+ 2 c. homemade or good quality mayonnaise
+ 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
+ pinch of cayenne pepper
What to do:
Idaho® Potato Peel Skins:
1. Scrub and wash potatoes. Peel potatoes (keep potatoes for other recipe uses). When peeling, cut potatoes in long strips.
2. Fry potato skins in a sauté pan until crispy about 5-10 min. depending on the thickness of the skins or place in a basket and fry at 365°F for 2-3 min. Take the potatoes from fryer while hot and season with kosher salt and black cracked pepper.
3. Serve in a cone and sprinkle with different toppings--bleu cheese, parmesan cheese etc. Can be served with optional dipping sauces (see below).
Scallion Dipping Sauce:
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
Avocado Dipping Sauce:
Combine sugar, avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, green onions, jalapeno, Tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic, and 1/2 tsp. of salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until thoroughly smooth, stopping to wipe down the sides of the bowl, if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside until needed or cover tightly before refrigerating.
Grilled Tomato Aioli:
Place the ingredients in a blender (tomatoes, mayo, garlic, lime juice) and blend until smooth. Season with cayenne pepper and salt.
* Note: You can also use the potato peels to top steaks or other proteins.
* Recipe courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission.