My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Roasted Sun-Dried Tomato Beef Tri-Tip & Potatoes
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 55 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 beef tri-tip roast (1-1/2 to 2 lb.)
+ 1/2 c. reduced-fat Italian dressing
+ 1/4 c. drained sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed)
+ 1/4 c. water
+ 1-1/2 lb. small red-skinned potatoes (about 2-in. diameter), cut in eights
+ 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
+ salt and pepper
+ fresh chopped parsley (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place Italian dressing, tomatoes and water in blender or food processor container. Cover; process until smooth. Reserve 1/4 c. tomato mixture.
2. Combine potatoes and another 1/4 c. tomato mixture in a large bowl; toss to coat. Place potatoes on rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Spread remaining tomato mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 30-40 min. for medium rare; 40-45 min. for medium doneness. Place potatoes in oven; cook 45 min., stirring once. Baste roast and potatoes with reserved 1/4 c. tomato mixture during last 15 min. of cooking.
4. Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 min. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.) Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 475°F. Sprinkle potatoes with parmesan cheese; continue to roast 5-10 min. or until potatoes are tender and cheese begins to brown.
5. Carve roast across the grain into slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
* Nutrition information per serving, 1/6 of recipe
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 291; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 69mg; Total Carbs: 24g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 314mg;