My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Caribbean Ribeye Steaks with Grilled Pineapple Salad
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 beef rib eye beef steaks, cut 1-in. thick (about 12-oz.)
+ 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, divided
+ 2 tsp. ground cumin
+ 1/4-1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
+ 4 fresh pineapple slices, cut 1/2-in. thick
+ 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise
+ 1 medium lime
What to do:
1. Combine 2 Tbsp. cilantro, cumin and ground red pepper, as desired; press evenly onto beef steaks.
2. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices and bell pepper halves around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 10-14 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9-14 min.) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill pineapple 8 min. or until heated through, turning once. Grill bell pepper 6- 8 min. or until tender, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, grate 2 tsp. peel and squeeze juice from lime. Set aside.
4. Chop pineapple and bell pepper into 1-in. pieces. Combine remaining 1 Tbsp. cilantro, 2 tsp. lime peel and lime juice in medium bowl; stir in pineapple and bell pepper. Season with salt, as desired. Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with salad.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 219; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 91mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 64mg;