My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Courtesy of California Pistachio Commission
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 c. butter or margarine
+ 1 c. sugar
+ 1 egg
+ 2 c. flour
+ 1 tsp. grated lime peel
+ 1 c. natural pistachios, chopped
+ Lime Icing (recipe follows)
What to do:
1. Cream butter and sugar; beat in egg.
2. Stir in flour and lime peel; mix in pistachios.
3. Refrigerate dough 1 hr. Roll dough 1/4" thick; cut shapes with shamrock-shaped cookie cutter.
4. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375°F., 8 to 10 min. or until lightly browned; cool. Pipe icing to outline cookies.
Beat until smooth:
* 1/4 c. butter or margarine
* 2 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar,
* 2 Tbsp. milk
* 1/2 tsp. grated lime peel
If frosting is too stiff, beat in a few drops more milk; if too soft, beat in more powdered sugar. Makes about 1 c.
Note: if desired, make up an additional half-batch of icing, color it green and pipe with fine tip inside white icing outline.
*If shamrock-shaped cookie cutter is not available, cut out shamrock pattern from a piece of heavy paper and cut cookie dough using pattern and sharp knife. Or cut dough with 2 to 2 1/2" round cookie cutter and pipe icing in shamrock shape on cookies after baking.
Makes 1 to 2 dozen cookies