My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Dirty Blonde BBQ Catfish
Courtesy of The Catfish Institute
Prep Time: 10 MIn.
Cook Time: 8 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
+ 2 Tbsp. butter
+ 1 crushed garlic clove
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped green pepper
+ 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
+ 3/4 c. tomato sauce
+ 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
+ 1/4 c. lemon juice
What to do:
1. For Sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, green pepper, and onions until soft.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, pepper flakes and lemon juice.
3. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer gently 5 min.
4. For Catfish: About 1 hr. before serving, prepare charcoal for grilling and let burn until coals are hot.
5. To grill the catfish, brush the fillets with olive oil first, followed by the sauce and lay them on the grill over the hottest part of the fire. After about 30 sec., flip the fillets and grill for no more than 30 sec. Move the fillets to a cooler part of the fire and cook 2 min. longer on that side, brushing with the sauce often. Turn over and cook 3 to 4 min. on the other side, brushing with the sauce. Fish is done when it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
6. When ready to serve, drizzle remaining BBQ sauce over fillets.
7. Serve over fresh pineapple or other fruit or vegetable.