My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Southwest Crescent Pie
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef (80-85% lean)
+ (15-16 oz.) can chili beans in chili sauce
+ (14 1/2 to 15 oz.) can chili-seasoned stewed tomatoes, undrained
+ 1/2 c. frozen or drained canned Mexican-style corn
+ 8 oz. refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
+ 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8-10 min., breaking into 3/4-in. crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
2. Stir in beans, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Cook about 10 min. or until most of the liquid has evaporate, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Line 9-in. pie plate with dough triangles, placing narrow tips toward center. Firmly press edges of dough together to form crust. Bake in 375°F oven 10 min. Remove from oven.
4. Spoon beef mixture into crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 min. or until edges of crust are golden brown and cheese is melted.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 653; Total Fat: 32g; Saturated Fat: 12g; Cholesterol: 87mg; Total Carbs: 52g; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 36g; Sodium: 1482mg;