My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 11 Min.
Marinate: 8 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lime, juice and finely grated rind
+ 1/2 c. finely chopped pickled banana pepper (125 mL)
+ 2 Tbsp. pickled banana pepper liquid (30 mL)
+ 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (30 mL)
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
+ 1 to 2 drops Tabasco sauce
+ 1 lb. beef flank, inside round or sirloin steak (500 g)
+ 1 medium onion, cut into strips
+ 1 sweet red or yellow pepper, cut into strips
+ 1 Tbsp. canola oil (15 mL)
+ 1 tsp. chili powder (5 mL)
+ 4 whole wheat pitas
+ salsa of your choice
What to do:
1. Combine grated rind and juice from lime, banana peppers and liquid, Worcestershire, 1 clove garlic and the Tabasco sauce in large sealable freezer bag.
2. Pierce beef all over with fork and add to bag; refrigerate 8 to 12 hours. Discard marinade.
3. Grill steak using medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side for rare. Let stand for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across grain.
4. Meanwhile, toss vegetables with oil, remaining garlic and chili powder. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Tuck steak and vegetables into warm pitas and top with salsa of your choice.
* Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.
Calories: 320; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 40mg; Total Carbs: 27g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 340mg;