My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Chicken and Mango in a Warm Coconut Sauce
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 38 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour (30 mL)
+ 1 Tbsp. Spanish paprika (15 mL)
+ 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (15 mL)
+ 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper or crushed red chili flakes (0.5 mL)
+ 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cubed
+ 2 Tbsp. canola oil (30 mL)
+ 1/2 c. diced red onion (125 mL)
+ 1 (14 oz. /398 mL) can light coconut milk
+ 1 (14 oz. /398 mL) can diced, unsalted tomatoes
+ 1 c. mango chunks, fresh or frozen, thawed (250 mL)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large zip seal bag, combine flour, paprika, pumpkin pie spice and cayenne pepper or red chili flakes. Shake to mix well. Add chicken, about 1/4 at a time and shake to coat.
2. In a large oven-safe saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown for approximately 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan.
3. Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes or until just softened. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, mango and return chicken to oven safe saucepan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve on its own or with steamed rice.
* Recipe courtesy of Patricia Chuey, RD and CanolaInfo.
Calories: 180; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 30mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 13g; Sodium: 45mg;