My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Courtesy of Recipes for Healthy Kids Cookbook for Homes
Prep Time: 25 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1/2 c. fresh spinach, julienne cut "shoestring strips"
+ 1/2 c. fresh romaine lettuce, julienne cut "shoestring strips"
+ 2 1/4 tsp. salt-free chili-lime seasoning blend*
+ 1 3/4 c. canned low-sodium refried beans, fat-free
+ 3/4 c. fresh green bell pepper, seeded, diced
+ 3/4 c. fresh onions, peeled, diced
+ 1 1/4 c. canned low-sodium corn, drained, rinsed
+ 6 whole-grain tostada shells
+ 6 Tbsp. reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded (1 1/2 oz.)
+ 1 c. fresh carrots, peeled, shredded
+ 1/2 c. low-sodium salsa, mild
+ 1/2 c. fat-free sour cream
+ Substitute for salt-free chili-lime seasoning:
Salt-Free Taco Seasoning Blend
+ 1 tsp. dried onion
+ 1 tsp. chili powder
+ 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
+ 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
+ 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
+ 1/4 tsp. oregano
+ 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
Combine all ingredients. If using immediately do not add cornstarch.
Store in an airtight container.
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine spinach and lettuce in bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine salt-free seasoning blend and refried beans. Set aside.
4. In a small skillet, coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook green peppers, onions, and corn for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
5. For each pizza, place 1/4 cup of bean filling on tostada shell. Spread mixture evenly using the back of a spoon. Top with 1/3 cup sautéed vegetable mixture. Lightly sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of cheese on top.
6. Place tostadas on a large baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
7. Remove tostadas from oven. Top each tostada with about:
* 1 Tbsp. spinach/lettuce mixture
* 2 1/2 Tbsp. carrots
* 1 Tbsp. salsa
* 1 Tbsp. sour cream.
For more recipes or information, please visit teamnutrition.usa.gov
Calories: 206; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 7mg; Total Carbs: 32g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 290mg;