My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Cranberry-Banana Muffins (Gluten-Free)
Courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 c. chopped raw cranberries
+ 1/2 c. sugar
+ 2 c. all-purpose GF flour **
+ 2 tsp. double-acting baking powder
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 2 Tbsp. sugar
+ 1 tsp. xanthan gum
+ 1 egg
+ 1 c. milk
+ 1/4 c. melted shortening
+ 1 small over ripe banana, mashed
+ 1/2 c. chopped nuts, optional
*+ Brown Rice Flour Blend
+ 1 1/3 c. brown rice flour
+ 7 Tbsp. potato starch
+ 3 1/2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
*+ For 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend:
+ 1/2 c. rice flour
+ 1/2 c. cornstarch
+ 1/2 c. tapioca starch/flour
+ 1 Tbsp. potato flour
What to do:
1. Grease muffin pans with 12 large or 16 medium cups.
2. Wash cranberries, chop and stir in the 1/2 cup sugar.
3. Sift flour, measure, resift with next 4 ingredients.
4. Beat egg, then beat in milk and melted shortening; add all at once to dry ingredients and stir quickly until flour is just dampened; batter is not smooth.
5. Fold in cranberries, mashed banana and nuts with the last few stirs.
6. Quickly spoon batter into prepared pans, filling 2/3 full. Bake in a moderately hot oven (400°F) 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance