My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Fiesta Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas
Courtesy of Mission Foods
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 1 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 8 Mission® Life Balance® Wheat flour tortillas
+ cooking spray
+ 1/4 c. chicken broth
+ 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast (approximately 1 lb.)
+ 1 medium onion, diced (approximately 1 1 /2 c.)
+ 1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
+ 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
+ 1 c. corn kernels
+ 1/4 c. packed chopped fresh cilantro
+ 1 can diced green chilies (4 oz.)
+ 2 1/4 c. low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
+ 2/3 c. fat-free sour cream
+ 2/3 can red enchilada sauce
+ Tabasco, salt, pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x11x2-in. baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Pour chicken broth into a small frying pan, heat to simmer, add chicken breast, cover and simmer until no longer pink, turning once (approximately 25 minutes). Cool and shred.
3. In same frying pan, add onions and red pepper. Saute over medium heat until soft, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, place chicken, onion-pepper mixture, beans, corn, cilantro, chilies, 2 cups of the cheese, and sour cream. Toss until thoroughly blended. Add tabasco, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place 1/8 of mixture into center of each tortilla, roll and place in baking dish. When all 8 rolls are completed, pour Enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake for 35 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and enchiladas are heated through. Makes 4 generous servings of 2 enchiladas each.