My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 lb. ground pork
+ 2 onions, diced
+ 1 1 1/4-oz. pkg. taco seasoning
+ 1 1-oz. pkg. regular Ranch dip mix
+ 1 10-oz. can diced tomatoes and green chiles
+ 1 14 1/2-oz. cans stewed tomatoes, or 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
+ 2 15- to 16-oz. cans Ranch style beans, kidney beans, hominy or a combination
+ 2 11-o.oz. cans corn, ideally shoe peg (sweet corn)
+ salt and pepper
+ tortilla chips
+ diced or sliced avocado
+ sour cream
+ shredded Cheddar cheese
What to do:
1. In a large saucepan or small stockpot over medium heat, cook the pork, breaking it up with a spoon or spatula, until no longer pink, 7-9 min. Stir in the onions, taco seasoning and dip mix. Stir in the tomatoes (both kinds, with their juices), beans (with their juices) and corn (with its juices). If necessary, add water to achieve desired consistency. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 min.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the soup garnished with chips, avocado, sour cream and cheese.
* This hearty soup is a meal in itself, but it would also go well with a cilantro-laced green salad. Or serve it over rice. To make the recipe your own, try different garnishes™sliced red onion, shredded lettuce, crumbled queso fresco and chopped tomatoes.
* Courtesy of Jenny Ingram, jennyonthespot.com
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: