My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Personal Beef Pizzas
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 recipe Italian Style Beef Sausage, (see below)
+ 1-1/2 c. pizza sauce
+ 4 round thin sandwich breads, any variety, split
+ 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
+ sliced black or green olives
+ sliced red or yellow bell peppers
+ sliced red onions
Italian Style Beef Sausage:
+ 1 lb. ground beef
+ 1 tsp. fennel seed
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
+ 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
+ 1/4 tsp. paprika
+ 1/4 tsp. black pepper
+ 1/6 tsp. crushed red pepper
What to do:
1. Prepare Italian-Style Beef Sausage, (see below). Stir in pizza sauce; cook 2-3 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Keep warm and set aside.
2. Place sandwich thins, cut sides up, on rack of broiler pan. Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture on each bread half. Evenly sprinkle with cheese and toppings, as desired.
3. Place pizzas on rack of broiler pan so surface of cheese is 3 to 4-in. from heat. Broil 4-5 min. or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Italian-Style Beef Sausage:
1. Combine ground beef and seasonings in a large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8-10 min, breaking into 1/2-in. crumbles and stirring occasionally. Makes 2-1/2 c.
(Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.)
* Nutrition information per serving using 80% lean ground beef.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 424; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Total Carbs: 31g; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 33g; Sodium: 848mg;