My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Rustic Mushroom Tart
Courtesy of Mushroom Council
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 45 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
+ 1/2 onion, minced
+ 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
+ salt & pepper
+ 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
+ 1 refrigerated pie crust
+ 1/4 c. prepared béchamel sauce (see below)
+ 1 egg, beaten
+ 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
+ 2 Tbsp. flour
+ 1-1/4 c. milk, heated
+ pinch of salt
What to do:
1. Add olive oil to a medium sauté pan. Heat over medium-high. Add onion and sauté until softened. Add mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook until mushrooms are tender. Add thyme. Set aside.
2. For Béchamel: Into a small sauce pan add butter and melt over medium heat. Add flour and salt, and stir with a wooden spoon. Cook for approximately two min., stirring constantly. Add heated milk and whisk to combine. Continue cooking until mixture has thickened.
3. Place pie crust onto a rimmed cookie sheet that has been lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Place 1/4 c. Béchamel sauce into center of pie crust. Top with mushrooms. Carefully fold pie crust so that it overlaps mushrooms but does not enclose. Brush top of pie crust with beaten egg.
4. Bake for approximately 30 min. or until crust is golden.
* It's stunning as an appetizer when sliced and served with wine or is hearty enough as a full meal.
Recipe and photos courtesy of the Mushroom Council and mushroominfo.com