My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Salmon with Edamame Relish and Peppercorn Sauce
Courtesy of The Soyfoods Council
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 Tbsp. soy oil
+ 8 oz. salmon, skinless center cut
+ salt and pepper to season
+ asparagus and carrot bundles
+ 2 oz. soft silken tofu
+ 1/4 c. plain soymilk
+ 2 tsp. grated Asiago cheese
+ 1/4 tsp. of coarse ground black peppercorn
+ 1/4 tsp. pink peppercorn crushed
+ sprig of thyme
+ pinch of garlic salt.
What to do:
1. Preheat oven 325°. In a small sauté pan, add soy oil and heat until hot. Add salmon and sear fillet approximately 1-2 min. on each side. Place pan, if oven proof (if not oven proof, wrap in aluminum foil) in a 325° oven. Cook until just pink in the middle. Season to taste.
2. For Peppercorn Sauce: In a small sauce pan, combine all items and bring to a boil, remove from burner. Remove sprig of thyme.
3. To assemble, place salmon on serving dish, drizzle with peppercorn sauce. Add relish. Garnish with bundle of cooked asparagus and carrots.
Edamame Tomato and Basil Relish:
* 2 small tomato, seed and remove core, chopped into small pieces
* 3 large basil leaves, finely chopped
* 1/2 c. edamame, cooked according to pkg. directions
* 1/2 c. garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small sauce pan, add tomato, basil, edamame, and oil. Over low heat cook for 10 min. Season to taste.