My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Grilled Lamburgers with Lemon-Rosemary Aioli
Courtesy of American Lamb Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 18 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1/4 c. light mayonnaise
+ 2 tsp. minced garlic
+ 3/4 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
+ 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
+ 1small eggplant, cut crosswise into 4 slices, each about 1/2-in. thick
+ 1-1/4 tsp. salt, divided
+ 1-1/2 lb. ground American lamb
+ 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
+ 1/8 tsp. pepper
+ 4 Roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 4 hamburger buns, split
What to do:
1. Combine aioli ingredients in a small bowl and mix well; refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Place eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; sprinkle both sides of slices liberally with 1 tsp. of the salt and set aside.
3. Combine lamb, garlic, pepper and the remaining salt in a medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape lamb mixture into 4 patties, each about 1/2-in. thick.
4. Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry. Brush both sides of eggplant slices and tomato slices with olive oil. Grill eggplant and tomato, covered, over medium indirect heat 14 -16 min. Place lamb patties over medium direct heat; grill, covered, 7-9 min. to medium (160° F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove vegetables and burgers from grill. Place hamburger buns on the grill and toast 1-2 min.
5. Spread 2 tsp. aioli on bottom of each bun; top each with a burger. Place one eggplant slice and two tomato halves on each burger; top with additional 1 tsp. aioli and top of bun.
* Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board