* 1 lb. cooked pork loin roast, cut into thin strips * 2 c. leaf lettuce * 1 c. alfalfa sprouts * 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped * 2 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated * 3 six inch pita bread rounds * 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil * 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar * 1 clove garlic, minced * 1 tsp. dry mustard * 1/4 tsp. salt * 1 tsp. dried herbes de Provence
What to do:
1. Combine pork, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, tomato and cheese in a large bowl; toss gently. 2. Cut pocket bread rounds in half; spoon mixture into pocket bread. 3. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well. Pour dressing over mixture in pocket bread. Serve immediately.
* If desired, sandwich filling can be tossed with dressing, covered and refrigerated for several hours.
* Leftover pork roast can used for these pocket bread sandwiches for next day lunch or a midnight snack.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com